Filing a Flood Claim
If you have experienced a flood, you can file your Wright Flood insurance claim by following these steps:
After experiencing a flood, Wright Flood Claims can be reported to the flood agent listed on your declarations page or you may report it directly online to the Wright Flood Claims website. To open your flood claim you will need your 14 digit Wright Flood policy number and the zip code of your property. Please supply contact information: phone, and/or email where you can be reached following the flood.
Separate damaged from undamaged property. You need to protect your property from further damage. The claims adjuster will need evidence of the damage to your home and possessions to prepare your repair estimate.
- Take photographs of all of the damaged property, structural damage, and standing floodwater levels.
- It is best not to discard any objects in case the adjuster would like to inspect them. If you need to dispose of damaged items due to town or state officials, please be sure to take photos of all items.
- Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their date of purchase, value, and receipts, if possible.
- The adjuster will come to inspect your property and prepare a report. The adjuster will send the completed report to the Flood Processing Center.
- The adjuster will also send a copy of the report to you, along with a Proof of Loss form. This will be your official claim for damages.
- You will need to complete and send this form to the Flood Processing Center. This document substantiates the claim and is required before payment can be made.
You will receive your claim payment after you and the Flood Processing Center agree on the amount of damages and they have your complete, accurate and signed Proof of Loss form.
Whether it is a personal lines loss or a flood insurance loss - NYCM Insurance is here... FOR YOU.