Home Contents Inventory Worksheet
To the right you will find NYCM Insurance's Home Contents Inventory Worksheet and very important instructions on where to return the worksheet when you are finished.
- Click on the file to the right (Open file).
- List all of your belongings that were lost or damaged as a result of your loss.
- Choose "File".
- You MUST save the file to your computer. The form will NOT be saved on NYCM Insurance's website. To do this, choose "Save a Copy" and save the worksheet to your computer (Desktop, My Documents, etc.).
- You may continue to update the worksheet and save all of your changes until you have completed your list.
- When you are ready to submit the Home Contents Inventory Worksheet, send it as an attachment in an email to email@example.com.
*PLEASE BE SURE TO PUT YOUR CLAIM NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL, SO IT GOES DIRECTLY TO YOUR CLAIM FILE.
- If you are unable or decide NOT to email the worksheet, you may print and mail it back to:
ATTN: Claims Division
1899 Central Plaza East
Edmeston, NY 13335
Claims Informational Packet
This packet was designed to assist you throughout the claims process. We take pride in our customer service here at NYCM Insurance, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Claims Informational Packet, Available For You!
It includes many features to assist you with the claims process:
• Claims Contacts • Checklist to assist you after a loss
• Claims settlement process description • Phone log to track your calls
Enclosed you will find:
- Home Contents Inventory Worksheet
Use this form to list all of your belongings that were lost or damaged, OR you may go to www.nycm.com and find this form under the "Claims" tab. Here you will be given instructions on how to complete and return your contents list electronically - speeding up the claim process!
- A Claim Contacts Page
This is a quick reference page for claims addresses, phone numbers, names, and more!
- A Claim Settlement Page - Instructions
Consult this list for general guidance on what to expect and do throughout the claims process.
...AND MUCH MORE!