What to do After a Burglary or Fire Damage to Your Home
- Notify your insurance agent or insurance company immediately!
- Call 800-234-6926 for our 24-hour Claims Express Hotline or your agent.
- Retrieve your home inventory list and any sales receipts or photos from their safe-storage location off premises.
- Determine what furnishings were damaged and what items were stolen. Give a list of stolen items to police and provide us with a copy.
- After damage from a burglary or house fire, make only emergency repairs (e.g., replace a broken door lock or board up damaged areas) to secure your home and protect it from further damage.
The more information you can give us about a loss, the more we can do to handle your claim quickly and efficiently. Be prepared to provide as many details as possible about stolen items or any damage and circumstances surrounding a fire. This information can be critical in settling a claim.